Authoring interface translations
To provide new locale (interface translation) for PrinterShare console, follow these steps.
- Locate "Language" menu in PrinterShare console (File | Language on Windows). This menu
shows you the list of currently available locales.
- Open C:\Program Files\PrinterShare\lang on Windows, or /Library/Application Support/PrinterShare/lang
on MacOS. You will see xml files containing the locales.
- Download English locale or
make a copy of another locale you are comfortable with. Rename it according to your target
language. E.g. en_US.xml stays for English (United States).
- Open the file. You can use either an XML editor, or a plain text editor such as Notepad, this is
not important for the end result. The file looks like this:
Strings in blue are XML tags, don't change them. Strings in bold are text messages which need to be replaced
by the messages in your language.
<translation name="Русский" name-en="Russian" author="Nikita Frolov" version="2.0.7">
- Enter new locale name (change "name" attribute of "translation" element which goes first in the file).
- Locate "MainMenu" section and make a couple of simple changes to it.
- Save the file, exit and reopen PrinterShare console. Your new locale should appear in Language menu.
When selected, your changes should be reflected in the main menu.
- Continue translating, starting with the parts you can easily identify.
Copyright © 2006-2018 Printer Anywhere Inc.
All rights reserved.
Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE!