Printing to standalone Wi-Fi printers
- Before you start printing, you will need to make sure that Wi-Fi is active on your Android device and that it is connected to the same wireless network as your printer. The first time you connect to your printer you will have to download a driver for it and, perhaps, document rendering libraries (Office or PDF) if you choose to print documents. Make sure that Wi-Fi box (second line from the top) is checked by going to Settings > Wireless & Networks.
- Now that you are certain that Wi-Fi is active, make sure that your printer is on.
Usually you do not need to activate a printer’s Wi-Fi, but if you have a printer that has
this option, make sure that printer’s wireless connection is active.
- Take your android device and open PrinterShare by tapping on its icon.
- If that is the first time you run PrinterShare, you will see a splash screen with two
buttons: Read More (which will provide you with general information on PrinterShare’s
functionality) and Continue. Tap Continue once you are ready to proceed.
- You will see the main PrinterShare screen with icons that allow you to access various
items that can be printed. Below the grid of icons you will see an icon of a printer with
Not Selected displayed beside it. To select your Wi-Fi printer, press the menu button
on your device. The way your menu button looks and its location depend on the model
of your Android device. Menu button can be a physical button that has to be depressed,
a touch-sensitive button or it could be displayed on your device’s screen.
Examples of how a menu button may look:
- Now, tap Nearby Printers Wi-Fi button and wait for the app to detect your printer.
- When your printer is detected, tap it. The app will then ask for your permission to
download a driver for it and it will require at least 4MB of available space on the internal
memory of your device.
Tap yes and you will be ready to print once the app finishes downloading and installing
Copyright © 2006-2010 Printer Anywhere Inc.
All rights reserved.
Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE!