Google Cloud Print
When selecting Cloud Print in PrinterShare as your printer, you will not be required to
purchase Premium PrinterShare app. This scenario works if you have a Cloud Ready
printer or connect your printer to an intermediate computer that has Google Chrome
browser installed from which you share your printer.
However, if your wireless printer is not Cloud Ready and you would like to print to it
directly without connecting it to an intermediate computer, please consider buying the
You will need to do the following to set up Google Cloud Printing with PrinterShare:
- We will start with sharing your printer in your Google Chrome browser. Click
(upper right corner of the screen) in your Google Chrome.
- Then, click Options in drop-down menu
- Click under the hood in the left-hand pane
- Scroll down to Google Cloud Print button and click it
- Log in with your Gmail account
- Click manage print settings if you have not been taken to Cloud Print screen already;
check that the printers configured to work with your computer are displayed there
- Next, make sure that the Gmail account you would like to use Google Cloud Print
under is registered on your android device (this can be checked if you proceed to
settings > accounts and sync)
- Take your Android device and open PrinterShare by tapping on its icon.
- If that is the first time you run PrinterShare, you will see a splash screen with two
buttons: Read More (which will provide you with general information on PrinterShare’s
functionality) and Continue. Tap Continue once you are ready to proceed.
- You will see the main PrinterShare screen with icons that allow you to access
various items that can be printed. Below the grid of icons you will see an icon of a
printer with Not Selected displayed beside it. To select your printer, press the menu
button on your device. The way your menu button looks and its location depend on
the model of your Android device. Menu button can be a physical button that has to be
depressed, a touch-sensitive button or it could be displayed on your device’s screen.
Examples of how a menu button may look:
- Tap Google Cloud Printers in the dialogue window
- Make sure you're logged in to correct account by tapping Accounts button
- Choose the printer that you would like to use from the list of shared printers by
tapping it and you are ready to print.
For information on connecting to a Cloud Ready printer, please see Google’s Help page.
Copyright © 2006-2010 Printer Anywhere Inc.
All rights reserved.
Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE!