Printing to standalone Bluetooth printers
- Before you start printing, you will need to make sure that Bluetooth is active on your
Android device and the latter is paired with your printer. Normally you do not have to
be connected to a wireless router, but the first time you connect to your printer you will
have to download drivers for your printer and, perhaps, document renderers (Office or
PDF) if you choose to print them. Make sure that Bluetooth box is checked by going to
Settings > Wireless & Networks.
You will then need to proceed to Bluetooth Settings (Settings/wireless & networks/
Bluetooth settings) and pair your Android device with your Bluetooth printer (it has to
be switched on in order for you to do that. Usually you do not need to activate a printer’s
Bluetooth, but if you have a printer that has this option, make sure that printer’s wireless
connection is active.
- Now that your Android device and your Bluetooth printer are paired, take your
Android device and open PrinterShare by tapping on its icon.
- If that is the first time you run PrinterShare, you will see a splash screen with two
buttons: Read More (which will provide you with general information on PrinterShare’s
functionality) and Continue. Tap Continue once you are ready to proceed.
- You will see the main PrinterShare screen with icons that allow you to access various
items that can be printed. Below the grid of icons you will see an icon of a printer with
Not Selected displayed beside it. To select your Bluetooth printer, press the menu
button on your device. The way your menu button looks and its location depend on
the model of your Android device. Menu button can be a physical button that has to be
depressed, a touch-sensitive button or it could be displayed on your device’s screen.
Examples of how a menu button may look:
- Now, tap Nearby Printer BT button and wait for the app to detect your printer.
- When your printer is detected, tap it. The app will then ask for your permission to
download a driver for it and it will require at least 4MB of available space on the internal
memory of your device.
Tap yes and you will be ready to print once the app finishes downloading and installing
Copyright © 2006-2010 Printer Anywhere Inc.
All rights reserved.
Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE!